The beneficial effect of Underberg is the result of the potency of selected aromatic herbs from 43 countries - worldwide after a good meal.
Two things contribute to Underberg‘s destinctive character: it‘s unique beneficial digestive effect and the unmistakable portion-sized bottle, wrapped in straw-paper. Convenient, practical and always exactly the right quantity for well-being. Underberg has indeed become worldwide the symbol for well-being.
- produced from selected and aromatic herbs from 43 countries, which undergo vigorous initial laboratory inspections.
- based on a secret Underberg family recipe whose members are personally responsible for blending the herbs.
- When necessary, the herbs are carefully cut immediately before preparation. This guarantees optimum effectiveness and the full aromatic flavour.
- using the secret "Semper idem" process. This ensures the gentle extraction of the active and aromatic substances from the herbs.
- In Slovenian oak barrels for several months to ensure its unmistakably rounded flavour.
- 1.3 percent herbal extract by weight, specifically:
- aromatic, digestion-stimulating substances,
- naturally occurring antioxidants from the herbs,
- naturally occurring sugar from the herbs (e.g. fructose),
- 44% high quality alcohol, to keep the herbal extract soluble,
- pure drinking water, which is subject to continuous laboratory tests
- very digestible
- free of added sugar and contains less than 1 bread unit per bottle portion.
- gluten free and listed in the German coeliac directory.
- also extremely low in histamine – thanks to the use of highest quality herbs, a perfectly controlled production process, careful storage during maturation and state of the art bottling technology.
- Extremely low in histamine – a prerequisite for ensuring well-being.
- awarded with the Kosher certification of the Orthodox Union (O.U.)
Underberg a gift of nature
- Underberg, a natural Product
- The Underberg herbs are a gift of nature.
- The pure drinking water and high quality alcohol are also natural products.
- At Underberg we treasure these gifts of nature, which is why we have made it our tradition to give top priority to the environmental issues.
- As long ago as the 1960s the Underberg family was actively involved in environmental protection. Today, ecological management is the guiding work ethic throughout our company.